Artists' Entrance

REFLECTIONS, REJOICINGS & RAMBLINGS OF A BLUE-COLLAR BLACK ACTRESS Since committing myself to performing for a living in 2005, I've walked back and forth through stage doors in four countries so far and continue to work full-time on stage & screen. Ya might have seen me... might not have... but either way, this is my blog :) Some are funny. Some. . . not so much... ********I SUGGEST U READ JUNE'S FIRST ENTRY before anything else (When I Grow Up) BECAUSE IT'S MY FAVE******

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TOP TEN least favorite post-show quotes

Top Ten things I wish people would quit saying to me after they see me sing, dance, and act for 2 or 3 hours on stage.

Enjoy :)

10. "You should be a model."
9. "Were all those guys gay?"
8. "I didn't even recognize you on stage. You looked so pretty!"
7. "Are you single?"
6. "I didn't realize how pale you were."
5. "I was afraid you were gonna sing like a white lady trying to sound black, but you sang like a real black lady!"
4. "Take my class."
3. "Well, at least your reviews will be good."
2. "So... what are you?"

And my number one least favorite post-show comment, although I only got this exact quote once......:

"Oh. You're just regular... I saw you on stage and I thought you were this gorgeous girl. But now you're here... and you're just... regular. ...I mean... pretty, but... hmmmm. ...Weeeeeird!"

People are silly. Life is good. Work is hard and fun.
Have a great week :)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. . . :)

September 16, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger stephanie joy said...

cous, those are hysterical...but i'm sorry for you. and i'm glad you're my *fabulously* regular cousin. :) i hope the show is going well.

September 16, 2008 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Nattles said...

Thanks, Cous :) and don't feel bad. They're funny to me, too :)
Love ya!

September 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahahahahahahaha....I love people...you are gorgeous on stage and off.

September 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That was hilarity! I know exactly how you feel!! TRUST! And I've had all of them said to me except the singing like a real black women part. LOL .DEZ

September 16, 2008 at 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not stop blogging. It is extremely entertaining for me.

September 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I come off stage and someone says they can't believe I sang like a real black lady, I just smile and shake my head...oh, people are strange. :)

September 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

HA HA HA HA! What in the world?! People!!!!

September 22, 2008 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your real sense of Humor. You are funny to me. Good luck.

December 18, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home