Artists' Entrance

REFLECTIONS, REJOICINGS & RAMBLINGS OF A BLUE-COLLAR BLACK ACTRESS Since committing myself to performing for a living in 2005, I've walked back and forth through stage doors in four countries so far and continue to work full-time on stage & screen. Ya might have seen me... might not have... but either way, this is my blog :) Some are funny. Some. . . not so much... ********I SUGGEST U READ JUNE'S FIRST ENTRY before anything else (When I Grow Up) BECAUSE IT'S MY FAVE******

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm in love with my cast

So, I know I told some of you that my next blog was gonna be about performance-enhancing drugs, and it is. ...The next one.

Because I just want to say that I had so much fun last night. We had an understudy performance of the
World Premiere Musical, Gulls at The Theatre @ Boston Court and

*it*


*felt*


*sooo*


*good.*


It was the first time we really ran through the whole piece on stage with
all the elements. We had the band, lights, costumes, props, and for ONCE, all the actors!!

We had all been taking notes and running stuff individually for
so long, and to get in front of an audience and finally do it, felt unexpectedly amazing. It felt like we were this volcano that had been waiting to erupt since like... mid June and finally, we did, and it was explosive, and hot, exhausting and invigorating... and melty... and I know that's not a word. But it's because there really are no words. ...And, because it was melty. It was tOtally melty!

I am so proud of and impressed by the amazing people I have the honor of working with and am in love with our show and the entire experience.

I'm also in love with Michael Moon, Dez, Alex, Janet, Wenz, Mom & Mel for coming out... and for standing up :) You sweeties :)

Oh, P.S. I was so high after the show (naturally, of course) that when Tim, the sound engineer held out his empty hands, in hopes that I would return the little mic clips he'd put in my hair prior to the performance, I just threw my arms around 'im and gave him a big squeeze. Hugged 'im... hugged 'im good.


...aaaand.... I think my hair
ate those mic clips. I am sorry, Tim.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had to stand. . .you were wonderful. . .poor, lovely Nina, expecting her dreams to come true--her hopes dashed--so sad. . .but, you--BRAVO!

August 16, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Congratulations, lovely!! I know exactly how you feel. It feels so wonderful to get a payoff for all that hard, hard work, doesn't it? It's unbelievably rewarding. And I am sure you killed it! Hooray!

August 16, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home